Pinterest Reaches 200M User Milestone
Last week Pinterest hit a new milestone of having 200 million active users worldwide, a 40 percent growth since 2016.
The social media network shared a number of other interesting stats proving just how quickly it is growing in popularity, including:
- Over 100 billion pins have been created on Pinterest
- 85 percent of all searches on Pinterest come from mobile devices
- 75 percent of sign-ups have been from outside of the United States
- 50 percent of users are living outside of the United States
Pinterest Hints at New Features
In the same announcement, Pinterest suggested that they would be adding some new user-requested features to the network, including:
- Boards-within-boards: This feature is currently in the works and is gradually being rolled out to users.
- Pinch-to-zoom: By making a pinching motion with your fingers, users can quickly zoom in on images and view pictures, products and artwork up close.
Taking Pinterest-Worthy Product Shots
The importance of visual content in social media marketing is increasing by the day, and depending on the quality of the images you produce, your images can make or break your business.
Here are some quick tips from Small Screen Producer about how you can shoot eye-catching images of your products for Pinterest and other social media channels:
1. Crop your photos
Cropping helps draw your viewer’s eye to the subject of your photo. By cropping your images, you can get rid of the distracting clutter and help your viewer focus on what’s most important – your product.
2. Use lighting to your advantage
Lighting is everything when taking a fantastic photo. Using tools around the home or office like natural lighting, tin foil and white tissue paper can help you take that perfect “beauty shot” of your product.
3. Opt for long images on Pinterest
When posting images on Pinterest, choose long or vertical layouts as opposed to horizontal. Longer layouts appear larger and give you a larger presence.
Take Striking Product Shots and Video with Small Screen Producer
Snapping dazzling Pinterest-worthy images and video content that will captivate audiences both online and off requires skill and expertise. Let Small Screen Producer’s team of accomplished photographers, videographers, and content marketers help your products get the attention they deserve. Call us today to chat about your business goals and to learn more about how we can help at (281) 569-4370.