How to Use Facebook Lead Ads for Your Business
When it comes to advertising on social media, Facebook is our absolute favorite! No other social channel makes it easier to set up campaigns, gives you a wide range of targeting options, and is as determined to help you generate more leads and sales for your business.
Just take a look at the proof: Facebook’s newest ad type: Lead Ads. Facebook Lead Ads were first announced back on June 25th, but just became available for all advertisers just a few weeks ago.
What exactly are Lead Ads? We’ll explain what they are, the benefits, and show you how to set up your first lead ad campaign!
What are Lead Ads?
To understand Lead Ads, we’ll have to first explain lead generation. Lead generation involves setting up a contact form where the customer fills it out and submits to you. The customer’s information is captured allowing you to send out follow up campaigns to move the customer along the buying process.
However, forms can be a source of apprehension for many customers who are on their mobile devices and not willing to manually fill out a contact form.
Facebook’s Lead Ads make the mobile sign up process easier by automatically populating information users have already provided to Facebook such as name and email address.
This allows advertisers to collect information from prospects directly from the mobile ads. Instead of sending traffic to a landing page where customers manually fill out a form and press submit, they click on the ad and their information (name & email) is pre-populated and they press submit. What’s great is that it’s done in a 2-step process, all within the Facebook platform!
Setting Up Your Lead Ad Campaign
Lead Ads are only available right now through Power Editor. Here’s what you’ll need to do to get started with you own Lead Ad campaign:
- To set up your Lead Ad campaign, just go to www.facebook.com/ads/manager and click Power Editor. Once you download Power Editor, click on “Create Campaign” and type in the name of your campaign. Then under the Objective dropdown, choose the option for Lead Generation.
- Continue with the ad creation process like you normally would. Eventually, you will come across a Lead Form section.
- Click “Create New Form” to create your first lead generation form. Type the name for your form in the text box and click “Next”.
- Next, choose the information you would like to collect from customer sand prospects. You’re also able to add custom questions.
- Add a link to your Private Policy (yes, you’ll need one) as well as your website address. Customers will have the option to click through to your website once they submit the form.
- Review your form. If everything looks good, click “Create Form“.
After you’ve created your ads, make sure to review for typos or errors and then upload your ad account via Power Editor.
Downloading Your Leads
Accessing the list of leads you collect is a manual process for now. Facebook does not provide an import option to automatically pull email address to an email service like MailChimp or Constant Contact (hopefully they are working on this).
To get your leads, go to the Facebook page that’s connected to your ads and click on the Publishing Tools tab the top of the page; from there, click on the Forms Library on the left side column. On the right, you’ll see all the forms you’ve created. Just click the download link next to the form to download your leads in a CSV format.
You can then upload this list to a customer management tool or pass it along to your sales team.
While we are in the beginning phases of this new ad type, Facebook Lead Ads seems to be a promising solution for businesses to capture information from customers and prospects. This tool seems like an excellent option for those looking to capture leads, especially from on-the-go customers this upcoming holiday season.
What do you think of the new ad option on Facebook?