Are Your Email Subscribers Ignoring Your Messages?
Content Marketing, Email Marketing, Online Marketing, Pool Marketing Site
If you’re like many pool and spa companies we’ve chatted with in the past, you may have low email open rates and read-through statistics. New data about email subscribers has revealed why people are ignoring your messages yet stay subscribed.
First, some good news. Data has shown that unsubscribe rates are an abysmal 0.25 percent.
But the fact of the matter is that many of your messages may go unopened and are being sent straight to the subscriber’s digital trash bin.
Why Email Subscribers Aren’t Unsubscribing
Research conducted by Emailmonday and Zettasphere has provided a glimpse into why people aren’t opting out from your pool and spa emails. This is what they found:
- Sometimes the email offers interest a subscriber (37 percent)
- The subscriber thinks he or she may shop with you again (24 percent)
- The subscriber couldn’t be bothered to unsubscribe (21 percent)
- The subscriber fears he or she may miss a service notification (7 percent)
- The subscriber doesn’t trust the opt-out process (6 percent)
- The subscriber simply doesn’t know how to do so (5 percent)
Yes Lifecycle Marketing also recently posed a similar question: Why are consumers staying subscribed to emails they don’t read?
- The subscriber reads the subject line and then decides whether he or she wants to open it (42 percent)
- The subscriber likes to receive free things on his or her birthday, anniversary, etc. (32 percent)
- The subscriber doesn’t open the email ever (24 percent)
- The subscriber is too busy to hit unsubscribe (18 percent)
- The subscriber can’t find the unsubscribe button (15 percent)
- The subscriber unsubscribes from emails they don’t read (14 percent)
- The retailer asks too many questions prior during the unsubscribe process (12 percent)
Key Takeaways from the Email Subscriber Surveys
The latter research highlights the importance of having a clear and catchy headline. Time and time again data has told us just how important a headline is when it comes to whether a subscriber will open your message or leave it sitting unopened in his or her inbox.
Another important takeaway is that people are remaining subscribed to your emails because they truly are interested in what you have to offer. The problem is that the email subscriber may not at that moment be prepared to take the next step (like contacting your pool design team to start building their dream pool).
This is why Pool Marketing Site’s Email Drip Campaigns have been so successful for our clients. We take a step-by-step approach when sending emails out to your email subscribers, taking cues from their actions and interests and using those cues to create an effective seemingly custom email marketing campaign for each recipient.
We offer an array of email marketing solutions including spa/hot tub email campaigns, above pool email campaigns and in-ground pool campaigns. Contact us online or give us a call today to discover how our email campaigns can increase lead and customer conversions at (281) 569-4370.