5 Ways To Get Millennials to Buy Your Products
Content Marketing, Digital Media Marketing
The holiday season is here and many of us are scrambling to find some awesome last minute gifts for our family and friends. What many businesses do not know is that Millennials are particularly prone to being last-minute shoppers, with 42% of respondents in a recent study admitting that they are behind the ball when it comes to finding and purchasing gifts.
As a business, you may be wondering how can you make sure that your offerings are tucked into stockings or are nestled under the tree during the holiday season. In this post we are going to explore some of the different ways you may be able to get some extra attention and attract new buyers.
Unique Gifts are a Hit
According to Pinterest for Business, 85% of Pinners said that their most important holiday to-do item is discovering fresh and unique gift ideas for their friends and family. And when it is time to start shopping, they often head to sites like Pinterest and other digital platforms for gift buying ideas.
This is particularly true when it comes to Millennials. Pinterest also has found that Millennials save more gift ideas than other Pinners, ideas which are tailored to match the needs, tastes and interests of the recipient. They also use the search term “unique gifts” at a far higher rate than other groups.
How To Attract Millennial Shoppers This Holiday Season
Gift hunting season may have started back in September, but businesses can still attract some last minute shoppers by doing the following:
- Personalizing your gifts. Millennials appreciate individuality. Think about how your products or services can be personalized, or help your visitors figure out what each recipient truly wants by having product suggestions or offering gift cards.
- Having different price points. Showcase your offerings and their range of prices, and consider offering discounts or having a holiday promotion.
- Being available in more than one place. Promote yourself across multiple marketing communications online for the greatest impact.
- Having a point of view. Don’t have a “gift-able” product or service? No problem! Show your personality by sharing your own list of “must-have” gifts or create a gift board on Pinterest.
- Selling to the buyer. Did you know that 83% of millennials will buy things for themselves while they shop for others? Come up with ways how your product or service can help buyers treat themselves while they are treating others.
Gift hunting does not stop once the holiday season is over. For more ideas on how you can improve your online presence, download your free web presence report card from Small Screen Producer today at https://www.smallscreenproducer.com/free-web-presence-report/.