Quick Tips for Spectacular Video Marketing
Tips and ideas you need to know from SSP’s video expert Lauren Tomko.
Video Facts and Figures
There’s no doubt that video viewership is on the rise – statistics show that 80% of internet users recall watching a video ad on a website, 46% said they even took some action after viewing the video.*
- 26% looked for more information about the subject of the video
- 22% visited the website named in the video
- 15% visited the company represented in the video
- 12% purchased the specific product featured in the video
*Online Publishers Association
Basically, videos can take your marketing to a whole new level of increased web traffic and lead generation. We sat down with our main video hotshot, Lauren Tomko, who was happy to offer a few tips and tricks on what makes a video most successful online.
What should businesses do to get their videos found on the web?
“Distributing your videos to legitimate video sharing sites help tremendously. Stick with strategic and relevant keywords, and try not to keyword stuff! Sharing on social media is a must.”
- To optimize your videos, make sure you place keywords in your videos’ titles, descriptions, and tags.
- Make your video title count, include a URL in your video and in the description of your video for easy sharing and access.
- Target specific search phrases, not just search words. For example, instead of using the word “cookies,” use the phrase, “healthy chocolate chip cookies.” By utilizing specific phrases, you’ll stand a better chance of showing up at the top of search results and avoid confusing search engines with too many keywords.
- Use the text on your web pages to help your video get found by search engines. Embed videos in text pages related and relevant to your videos and share them on social media sites. It’ll be a win-win-win for your social media, video, and website!
Jazzing Up Videos
What do you recommend adding to a video to spice it up and make it more effective?
“Number one: start with a good script. What’s the point in having a video if it doesn’t make any sense to the viewer? Choosing and adding in the right music and sound effects is also important. Think about adding eye-catching graphics, include a voiceover narrative to help tell story. Always keep it educational and try not to make it too sales-pitchy – you don’t want to lose them!”
- Take advantage of a video’s branding opportunities: include the company logo prominently on the screen, you can do this all the time or at key times throughout your videos.
- Think about creating video campaigns, ones that go beyond stand-alone videos for greater reach and exposure. Creating a series of similar, related videos that can be published regularly allows you to build your video content and brand identity. (Just think of how many opportunities you can create for people to notice your brand!)
- Always include a call-to-action at the end of your videos. Whether it’s encouraging users to check out your website or blog, sign up for your newsletter, comment or view other videos, you have their full attention with the video, make it count!
Creative Ideas for Videos
“What types of videos can companies make to catch the interest of their customers?”
“Videos should definitely steer clear from being sales-pitches! There is a bunch of sales clutter on the web nowadays; you want to make sure you stand out. Videos I’ve created for clients are videos that educate, answer a question, or tell a story. Product reviews, testimonials and “behind-the-scenes”-type videos are great examples of ways to get a viewer’s attention.”
- Explainer videos are really popular choice for in-depth explanation of how a product or service works, teaching a complex procedure to employees, and explaining your business’s approach of a particular service. A great example of an explainer video is our agency’s main website video:
- People can relate to a compelling story – include interesting details and weave a lesson in with you story as a takeaway. A good idea is coming up with something one-of-a-kind that has made your company different from the others or has shaped your company over the years.
- Ask viewers a question that sparks a conversation or something relatable to your niche market. Have a company expert answer the question personally and encourage users to leave their questions in the comment section – this will spark up some discussion and traffic for your video!
The key to making successful videos:
“Personality (being real and being interesting), consistency, relevancy, keeping it simple and having fun are the main things to focus on. Tell a good story and just keep asking yourself: ‘who is my audience?’ It doesn’t matter how many graphics you create or what type of fast-paced music you add…it’s all about the story. Whether the purpose of your video is to educate, explain your products and services, or answer a question, it all begins with a strong, smart, bona-fide message.”
– Lauren Tomko, SSP Video Production
For more video marketing tips, check out our free ebook below, “Go Big on the Small Screen: Learn How to Use Online Video to Crush the Competition”. If you’re ready to get started on your video campaigns, contact us today!
About Small Screen Producer
Small Screen Producer is a full service, marketing firm located in Houston, Texas that specializes in online digital media marketing through a 4-step process. Step 1: WE PLAN a custom web presence strategy for your business through website design and development, mobile development, social media account creation and branding. STEP 2: We then POSITION your brand through Pay-Per-Click advertising and search engine optimize tactics that include on-page and off-page SEO that are Google and Bing approved. STEP 3: We then PROMOTE your brand using an Inbound marketing strategy or a content marketing strategy to help you accomplish your marketing goals. We do this through blogging, video production, infographics, call-to-actions, landing pages, and free educational offers. We help you build trust and rapport with your customer base. STEP 4: We then PROTECT your brand’s web presence with a reputation management program that monitors social media and on line reviews. Get started today with a free online marketing assessment of your company’s web presence. Your company deserves it.