A Basic Guide to Twitter Advertising Options
By Small Screen Producer. Publish on June 11, 2015.
Twitter advertising is a great option for businesses that would like to give their tweets or accounts an added boost. Twitter ad campaigns can be effective in broadening your reach and generated new leads for your brand. And the many different ad options Twitter provides doesn't hurt either. In this guide, we'll walk through the three different approaches to promoting on Twitter and step-by-step instructions on how to get started with your first Twitter ad campaign.
There are three ways to promote on Twitter:
- Promoted Tweets
- Promoted Accounts
- Promoted Trends
Promoted Tweets are ordinary tweets purchased by advertisers who want to reach a wider audience either by targeted groups or geographical locations. Twitter lets you promote your best tweets reach to the right people, in the right place, at the right time. Since Twitter is easily accessible to mobile, this can be a very good option for businesses with storefronts.
Promoted Tweets are clearly marked “Promoted” and act just like regular Tweets; they can be retweeted, replied to, and favorite. Promoted Tweets can be visible 1) at the top of relevant search results pages, 2) within search results for Promoted Trends and 3) in user’s twitter feeds, when relevant.
Promoted Tweets can be used for two main objectives:
If your goal is to drive a particular action, such as:
- Drive website traffic by asking users to click on your best content
- Offer coupons and deals in the copy of your Tweets
- Drive leads using lead generation cards
- Promote sales and giveaways
Or, if your goal is to drive awareness for your business, such as:
- Expand the reach of your content like blog posts, white papers, and videos
- Connect with influencers and brand advocates by ensuring they see your content
- Promote awareness around events and product launches
- Ask for retweets to gain an even broader audience for your messages
Promoted Accounts allow you to gain a bigger follower base of influencers and advocates for your brand. Promoted Accounts can be found under the “Who to Follow” section located on the left side of a user’s Twitter feed. The “Who to Follow” feature on Twitter identifies accounts similar to the user and recommends them. This allows the users to discover new businesses, people, and content that best match their interests and allows accounts to gain a larger following of users who may be interested in their products and services. Promoted Account campaigns can be geo-targeted by country. By using Promoted Accounts, businesses have the ability to increase their follower base and maximizing the benefits of their social media marketing efforts. Not only does a big following maximize reach but provides your account with credibility and authority.
Lastly, Promoted Trends is a great choice for businesses that would like to build mass awareness for their brand or product. A Promoted Trend shows up in the Trends section and is visible to all Twitter users. Trends are popular topics currently trending at the moment and can be changed by geographical location and user’s interest. When a user clicks on a Promoted Trend, they’ll see Twitter search results accompanied by a related Promoted Tweet from the advertiser. Businesses that create a Promoted Trend campaign can expose their brand to their target audience in a mass way, which can drive lots of interest for your product, service, or event.
How to Set Up Your First Twitter Campaign
1. Twitter makes it super simple to get started with Twitter ads. First, you will need to access Twitter ads: https://ads.twitter.com/getstarted?ref=gl-pg-btc-promoted-tweets
2. Click on the blue button that says “Create New Campaign” and choose what marketing objective you would like to accomplish.
3. Name your campaign and compose a tweet. Depending on your marketing objective, you will have the option to compose your tweet and add a image or a call-to-action button.
4. You can select your target audience. One of the biggest advantages to Twitter ads is its flexible targeting options. You have the option to base your target audience on geographical location, gender, followers, device, interests, language, and more. While these may sound very similar to the options found on other advertising platform such as Facebook and Google, the Twitter audience is very one-of-a-kind and the overall pace of this particular social platform is fast. This allows businesses an opportunity to make a very huge impact.
5. Finally, set an advertising budget. Twitter will only change you for the actions that align with your marketing objective.
6. Access the dashboard Twitter provides to monitor and manage results and gain insights you need to drive better results.
- Client Profile
- Content Marketing
- Digital Media Marketing
- Digital Media Stats
- Email Marketing
- Local Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Reputation Management
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media
- SSP In the News
- Video Marketing
- Web Design
- Web Development