Moving Forward with Mobile-Friendly…Keep Site Readers Happy!
By Small Screen Producer. Publish on July 12, 2013.
IF you haven’t already moved your business to mobile, there’s never been a better time. According to constantcontact.com, 133.7 million people in the US own a mobile device. Calculating to 42.6 percent, that’s nearly half the population of the United States. And it’s rapidly growing. The force of mobile is moving, shaking, and is not to be ignored. Check out these facts from constantcontact.com
- 43 percent of all emails are opened on a mobile device.
- Mobile is anticipated to be the top item affecting email in the next year. 58 percent of marketers say so.
- People spend an average of 23 days a year on mobile devices.
What does this mean for you?
Besides being glaringly obvious that a lot of people have mobile devices, it means you need to design your web content and emails to be mobile friendly. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s come across a webpage or email on my smartphone that was not compatible, and I spent extra minutes on that page zooming in and out, scrolling around, and generally trying to figure out what I was looking at or for. It’s frustrating. So how can you avoid creating frustrating, incompatible content? Here are a few recommendations.
- Use shorter, more concise subject lines in your emails. Keep in mind your email is popping up on a screen that’s a lot smaller than a computer screen. Lengthy subject lines are likely to get chopped off.
- Use larger fonts that don’t require the user to have to zoom in again and again and again to see what you’re saying.
- Make it as simple as the push of a button. Incorporate buttons that are mobile friendly.
- Narrow your design down to one column to maximize readability.
- Incorporate social media links.
- Keep your content crystal clear and concise. Less is best in this scenario.
- A picture’s worth a thousand words. Let your images do the talking.
These simple tips will keep your reader happy and on your page. Haven’t moved to mobile? Today's the day. Contact Small Screen Producer for help building your mobile site!
Find out more about how Mobile will help enhance your Website optimization:
About Small Screen Producer
Small Screen Producer is a full service, marketing firm that specializes in online digital media. We create your total web presence through website design and development, mobile development, social media account creation and branding, iPad-friendly sales tools, landing pages, digital signage, videos and more. Then we develop a strategy to help you accomplish your marketing goals.
- Client Profile
- Content Marketing
- Digital Media Marketing
- Digital Media Stats
- Email Marketing
- Local Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Reputation Management
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media
- SSP In the News
- Video Marketing
- Web Design
- Web Development