5 Bad Habits to QUIT When Building Your Online Presence
Online Marketing, Reputation Management, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media
`It can feel like a minefield of advice and suggestions online when you’re looking for ways to build your online presence. You want the increased visibility, credibility, and reach that comes with it – but could you be crushing your opportunities as they come?
Today, we will look at people’s mistakes in establishing their online presence and what it means for your business. We’ll be giving you tips on avoiding these pitfalls. As well, we’ll try to show you the correct way to avoid this altogether – complete with suggestions. Starting yourself off on the right foot can put you leagues ahead of your competitors – but the wrong foot can make it all the more difficult in the long run.
It’s so easy to make mistakes, or blend in with other pool and spa companies in your area. People follow bad advice all the time, or choose options that won’t help without realizing it. With such a competitive market these days, along with waning customer loyalty and increased pricing, many businesses can’t afford to make these mistakes.
1. Posting Too Frequently
It’s important to keep followers engaged, but posting too often can be overwhelming and may cause some people to unfollow or disengage. Of course, every audience is different, and the frequency of your posts will heavily depend on the kind of content you’re sharing and the audience’s preferences. Generally, a good-practice rule of thumb might look like this:
- Posting 1-2 times per day is usually recommended for social platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
- For Twitter, where the content moves quickly, it’s usually recommended to post 2-4 times per day.
- For LinkedIn, where the audience is more professional, it’s usually recommended to post 1-2 times per week.
You should experiment to find the frequency that works best for your brand and audience. Consider the quality of your posts weighs heavily over quantity. It’s much better to post high-quality content less frequently than to post low-quality content more.
2. Failing To Proofread
You should be proofreading the content you publish online, as errors and typos can often negatively affect your brand: it can seem unprofessional or careless. Plenty of proofreading programs available online can help you catch basic spelling and grammar, as well as check for readability and other errors that can make content difficult to consume. Some of the more popular options include:
- Grammarly: Grammarly is a comprehensive proofreading tool that checks for errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation, as well as provides writing suggestions and style improvements. Grammarly also offers a thorough plagiarism checker, which is essential if working with third-party writers.
- Prowritingaid: ProWritingAid is a grammar checker that also provides style and writing suggestions to help improve your writing.
- Hemingway Editor: Hemingway Editor is a proofreading tool highlights lengthy, complex sentences and common errors to help you improve the clarity and simplicity of your writing.
- Paperrater: PaperRater is a free proofreading tool that checks for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors and provides a score for the overall readability of your text.
- Thesaurus: Thesaurus is a tool that helps you find synonyms for words in your text, which can help improve the variety and sophistication of your vocabulary.
While these are great products and can help catch errors and improve your writing, they can not rely upon 100%. Having a human proofreader review your work and ensure it makes sense and reads well is a good idea.
3. Posting Low-Quality Content
Building a solid online presence means providing consistent value to your followers, primarily through high-quality content. There’s plenty of high-quality content that can help people stay engaged, and what you post will rely heavily on your audience and the kind of content you want to offer. Some options include:
- Interactive Content: Interactive content like polls, quizzes, and surveys can be a fun and engaging way to get your audience involved.
- Educational Content: Providing value through educational content can help establish your expertise and keep your audience coming back for more.
- Visual Content: Visual elements like photos, videos, and infographics can make your content more engaging and easier to consume.
- Personal Stories: Sharing personal stories and experiences can make your content more engaging and relatable to your audience.
- Timely And Relevant Content: Sharing timely and relevant content that addresses current events or trends can help keep your audience engaged and connected to your brand.
As a Pool and Spa building service company, creating engaging content looks a little different. You’re not following the same trends, as your audience is made of discerning buyers. Some examples of strong, engaging content for you might look like:
- Before & After Photos: Sharing before and after photos of completed pool projects can be a visually appealing and engaging way to showcase your work.
- Tips & Advice: Providing valuable tips and advice related to pool maintenance, construction, and design can help establish your expertise and provide value to your audience.
- Customer Testimonials: Sharing customer testimonials can help build trust and credibility with potential customers and provide social proof of the quality of your work.
- How-To & DIY Guides: Creating how-to guides or tutorials related to pool maintenance and construction can be a useful and engaging way to provide value to your audience.
The key to creating high-quality content is providing value to your audience while addressing their needs and interests. Consider the format and presentation of this content, as well, to ensure it’s easy to consume as well as visually appealing.
See Also: 5 Marketing Trends That Will Dominate Instagram in 2023
4. Neglecting To Interact With Your Followers
Small businesses must use their platforms to engage with their audiences and followers. This will keep the online following connected, knowing that their inquiries are being responded to. Some of the most effective strategies include:
- Responding To Comments And Messages: Engaging with your followers by responding to comments and messages shows that you value their feedback and helps build a sense of community.
- Asking For Feedback And Input: Asking your followers for feedback and input on your content or products can help you understand their needs and preferences and also helps them feel more connected to your brand.
- Sharing User-Generated Content: Sharing user-generated content, like photos or reviews, can help showcase your audience and make them feel more involved with your brand.
- Hosting Live Events Or Q&As: Live events or Q&A sessions can be a great way to engage with your followers in real time and provide value through direct interaction.
- Offer Exclusive Perks & Discounts: Offering exclusive perks or discounts to your online followers can be a great way to reward their loyalty and encourage engagement.
Be authentic, responsive, and provide value – these are at the heart of engaging your online following. This connection can give your company a competitive edge over others; Loyalty is’s assumed, in the current market, and people will stray from companies they don’t feel suit their needs. You need to interact with your customers to better foster a sense of community, and keep them coming back.
5. Not Diversifying Your Content
Focusing on a specific niche is perfectly fine, but it’s also important to spend time diversifying your content. You want to keep things interesting for your current followers and attract a wider audience over time. Some of the best diversification strategies include:
- Varying The Format Of Your Content: Mixing up the format of your content. Use a combination of text, photos, videos, and info graphics, can help keep things interesting and engaging.
- Covering A Range Of Topics: While it’s important to focus on your niche, it’s also good to cover a range of topics. This will help keep things fresh and varied.
- Collaborating With Others: Collaborating with other creators or industry experts can bring new perspectives and ideas to your content. This will eventually help you attract a wider audience.
- Repurposing Content: Repurposing older content, like turning a blog into a video or podcast, can give it new life. Different content will resonate with different audiences, so you never know how this change might go!
- Experimenting With Different Types Of Content: Experimenting with different types of content that you don’t usually work with can be a game-changer. Try making new things, like how-to guides, list-style videos and blogs, or quizzes, to help keep things exciting and fresh.
Be creative and try new things. You never want your content to go stale, and this is a great way to avoid that inevitability.
In today’s digital age, online presence is crucial for any business or individual looking to promote their brand, products, or services. It can build and promote a brand in the digital age, increase visibility, credibility, and reach, and provide you with a platform to form meaningful relationships with your customers.
Do you need help establishing a strong online presence for your business or personal brand as a Pool and Spa company? Do you struggle to stand out online, or feel like you could do even better? There are so many things that can go wrong … wouldn’t it be nice to avoid the whole minefield altogether? That’s where we come in!
With a team of skilled online marketing professionals, Small Screen Producers can be your one-stop solution to help you create and maintain a solid online presence. We do this through various services available, providing exactly what your business needs when it needs it. These include:
- Social Media Management: Establish a social media presence on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, and more, along with engaging content to keep your followers interested.
- Website Design and Development: Create a professional and user-friendly website to showcase your brand, so you can better stand out online.
- Search Engine Optimization: Improve the visibility of your website in search results through targeted keyword optimization and other SEO tactics.
- Email Marketing: Build and maintain an email list, and create engaging newsletters and promotional emails to stay connected with your audience.
- Online Advertising: Create target online ad campaigns to reach your audience and drive traffic to your website
And so much more!
With SSP’s expert team, we can help you build a strong presence online to better reach your goals and succeed in 2023.
Reach out and schedule a consultation with our team to see what we can do for you!