Facebook | 5.2.18
Unlike ever before, social media platforms have allowed people from around the globe to instantly connect and communicate over multiple mediums. With there being well over 2 billion active monthly users and 1.4 billion daily active participants on Facebook (Facebook MAU and DAU, Q4 2017), it’s clear that this social media channel is one that every brand must be a part of.
Advertising on a competitive channel like Facebook can make getting your brand in front of the right people a challenge. But with these few tips in mind, you can get any advertising campaign off to a strong start.
People Are Visual Learners
The Social Science Research Network has reported that as many as 65 percent of people are “visual learners”, meaning we generally remember images better than we remember text. This is important information to keep in mind when designing your advertisements and choosing their format.
- Attract customers through minimalist design layouts, clever graphs, and appropriate topical imagery
- Use slide shows and motion graphic videos to seamlessly showcase multiple products all at once
- Video is the most effective educational and selling tool on Facebook (especially if your users are visiting the site through a mobile device)
Copy is important, but keep it short and sweet to avoid the dreaded TL;DR (too long, didn’t read) posts in the comment section.
Customize and Personalize Content
Customized content is a must-have, but it can be a challenge when you are posting it on a network as expansive as Facebook. What’s a brand to do?
- Harness the power of Messenger. Facebook is continuously enhancing Messenger for small and large businesses alike, giving brands one-on-one direct access to customers.
- Think global, write local. Work on uncovering common trends among your local and global audience when producing video and text content.
- Use social proof to your advantage. Showcase customer reviews on Facebook to let others tell the world just how great your product or service is.
- Have a mobile presence. Having a mobile presence is important, particularly as mobile purchases are estimated to account for 40 percent of all e-commerce purchases this year. Simply having your brand easily accessible through a mobile device (through apps, responsive website design, etc.) will generate some “personal” appeal.
Play With Your Facebook Campaigns
Facebook offers a wide range of advertising options for your brand, some of which you will find are more effective than others.
Find a trend, pick an ad format, run a campaign for a month or two, and then try something new. Over the course of this year you’ll uncover a handful of tactics that produce varying degrees of different results, each of which may help you achieve one specific business goal better than another.
Reaching the right people at the right time with the right message doesn’t have to be complicated. Click here to learn more about Small Screen Producer’s Facebook Advertising options, or give us a call at (218) 569-4370 for more details!