Social Media | 3.6.14
Google+ is an essential component to any business’s online marketing strategy, and for good reason:
- Every since the launch of the Google social media network in 2011, it’s captured over 340 million monthly active members, only second to Facebook.
- Content marketing is used to improve rankings on search engines and Google dominates search, holding 66% of the search engine market share.
- Not only does Google rule search, it rules mobile search. Now that business pages on Google+ have integrated with Google+ Local, Google+ offers a strong local SEO component, which helps businesses reach customers in their area.
- When users search and read content, they want to get it from a reputable source. Businesses can ensure this with Google Authorship using their Google+ account.
Google+ pages, specifically local Google+ pages can help customers easily connect to a business’s physical location by placing a map, physical address, hours of operation and contact information visible to see on the search engine. This is how you create your Google+ Local page (as referenced from the Google help pages):
Setting up a Google+ Local Page
1. Create and/or sign into Google gmail account. While you already have personal Google+ account when you created your gmail account, you’ll need to make a separate Google+ page for your business.
2. On your Google+ Home page, click “Pages” under “Home” on the left column of your homepage.
3. Click the “Create a page” button on the upper right
4. Select the Local Business or Place category
5. Enter the name of your business in the search box provided. If you don’t see a your business, click on, “No, these are not my businesses”.
6. You’ll then be prompted to enter your business details. Make sure that all information is correct and abbreviations are accurate and consistent with other lists you might have already setup online for your business.
7.After you enter your business information, click “Submit”
8. Google will then ask you to verify your business and provide you with two options on how to do that:
Verification by phone
Verification by postcard
A verification number will be sent to you via phone or postcard. Once that number is submitted and verification is complete, you’ll be able to have access to the Google+ page to update your business name and information. Congrats!
About Small Screen Producer
Small Screen Producer is a full service, marketing firm located in Houston, Texas that specializes in online digital media marketing through a 4-step process. Step 1: WE PLAN a custom web presence strategy for your business through website design and development, mobile development, social media account creation and branding. STEP 2: We then POSITION your brand through Pay-Per-Click advertising and search engine optimize tactics that include on-page and off-page SEO that are Google and Bing approved. STEP 3: We then PROMOTE your brand using an Inbound marketing strategy or a content marketing strategy to help you accomplish your marketing goals. We do this through blogging, video production, infographics, call-to-actions, landing pages, and free educational offers. We help you build trust and rapport with your customer base. STEP 4: We then PROTECT your brand’s web presence with a reputation management program that monitors social media and on line reviews. Get started today with a free online marketing assessment of your company’s web presence. Your company deserves it.